Friday 13 November 2009

Friday 13th November, 2009


I'm just a big kid at heart. Sherbert and Liquorice - what more could a man want?
Liquorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra ) is a flavorful herb that has been used in food and medicinal remedies for thousands of years. Sherbet in the United Kingdom and other Commonwealth countries is a fizzy powder, containing sugar and flavouring, and an edible acidic and base. The acid may be tartaric, citric or malic acid, and the base may be sodium carbonate, sodium bicarbonate, magnesium carbonate, or a mixture of these and/or other similar carbonates. To this is added a large amount of sugar to mask the unappetising flavour of the reactive powders, and fruit or cream soda flavouring.

1 comment:

  1. Wow....I would not have known about the Sherbet in UK. Here, it is an icy form of ice creamish...dreamy...fruity flavored something. Orangey- kind.

    Hmmm....

    I'm not a lover of licorice...I actually feel a >bluck< when I think to taste it but my dad would love it and so would my Joshua :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!