Tuesday 24 March 2009

Monday 23rd March 2009

I had a walk around the Anglican Cathedral in Liverpool this morning while waiting for Jo - who had a client in her Rodney Street premises - so we could go shopping for Richard's 21st birthday present, a new television.


No matter how many times I visit it the cathedral fails to inspire any great love in me. It is too vast, too cold, too dark and too lacking in atmosphere. This is the Lady Chapel which was the first part to be built and is the part I like best.

1 comment:

  1. Despite having a small part in playing a 'world premiere' in this place (sounds far more fancy than it was), I still think it is cold and austere. Holy Trinity Church in my home town is definitely equally freezing but conveys an inner warmth that the Cathedral cannot. Strange that architecture can do so much...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!